“I’m not…I’m not strong enough for this yet. I won’t be able to control my abilities. I just saw it. I can’t jeopardize the entire mortal world simply because I can’t master my power."

Soul Kissed - Courtney Cole

I won a copy of this book from the Reading 24x7 blog.

I was really excited to read this book because the premise seemed interesting. I have always enjoyed books about Mythology. This book doesn't disappoint, I really loved it! My only issue was that the opening was somewhat confusing. It took the first chapter to figure out what was going on. It isn't a bad thing, but know that you just jump right into the story, there isn't any set up.

Em is a very strong character and very vulnerable at the same time. It's really because she has never put herself out there. With a terrible curse inflicted upon her by her own father and her lack of trust for the God of the Underworld, she is just trying to survive. After a chance encounter, she finds herself not only wanting things she never thought she could have but risking everything to make it happen. Brennan thinks he a typical 18 year old college guy, until he goes to see his dying uncle and meets someone who he feels drawn to and he can't get out of his mind. Em opens Brennan's eyes to not only a world he never knew existed but she completes him in a way that no one else ever could.

This is the first book in a trilogy and I can't wait to read the rest. I just really want to know if Em and Brennan find a way, if Mormo actually succeeds, and most importantly is the curse reversed!